1. Promote awareness of basic human rights as contained in the UN universal human rights declaration and international laws and instruments among Eritrean citizens
- Educate and sensitize the public on human rights issues through the internet, radio, TV programmes, printed materials: leaf lets, news papers, magazines and brochures;
- Educate and sensitize the public on the issue of human rights by organizing public events, seminars, workshops, conferences, dram/theatre, films and panel discussions.
2. To carry out research, monitoring and documentation of human rights policies, laws and practices in Eritrea and in countries where Eritrean refugees live.
- Monitor and report human right situations both in Eritrea and exile;
- Research and document human rights violations committed both inside the country and in exile in all media forms: video, audio, and printed media.
3. To promote institutional practices, constitutional government system, good governance, respect for the rule of law and democracy
- Promote public awareness and knowledge on institutional concepts and practices and norms among the different sectors of the society, civil society organization, government institutions, different professions through training, seminars, public education and sensitization, workshops, panel discussions and media;
- Promote awareness and knowledge on constitutional government system among the different sectors of the society, civil society organization, government institutions, different professions through training, seminars, public education and sensitization, workshops, panel discussions and media;
- Promote awareness and knowledge on the issue of rule of law and democracy among the public through training, seminars, public education and sensitization, workshops, and media.
4. To promote legal protection of human rights;
- Encourage state and not state actors bear their responsibility to respect and promote human rights through dialogue and reminding them of their responsibility and obligation to respect human rights by bringing to their attention cases of human rights violations;
- Facilitate litigations of human rights violations by utilizing the regional and international justice mechanisms;
5. To promote the installation of functional, independent, competent, neutral justice system in Eritrea
- Seek and mobilize regional and international support and solidarity for pressuring and persuading the government of Eritrean to govern by constitution and ensure functional, independent, competent, neutral justice system;
- Facilitate and run capacity development programmes and activities to strengthen the capacity of the justice system;
6. To facilitate the provision of legal support and assistance, social and psychological services to victims of human rights violation and to citizens who need legal protection;
- Engage in dialogue with concerned authorities and organizations to ensure the legal protection of citizens who are in need of legal protection;
- Facilitate access to legal representation and assistance to victims of human rights violations;
- Facilitate assistance and support for the rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of human rights violations into society;
- Facilitate the provision of psychosocial support, treatment and counselling to victims of human rights violations; and
- Facilitate the provision of basic needs of victims of human rights violations;
7. To address the problems of protection, security, safety , basic needs and social services of Eritrean refugees and asylum seekers;
- Facilitate the provision of basic social services for refugees and asylum seekers such as health, education, water etc.
- Facilitate the creation of employment opportunities for refugees through job oriented skills development; and
- Work for the protection, security and safety of refugees and asylum seekers through lobby and advocacy and appeals to concerned authorities and organizations to amend policies, laws and practices that violate the rights of refugees and asylum seekers and to bring to justice perpetrators of human Rights violations
8. To promote and protect freedom of expression and information
- Work towards creating political and legal environment where laws, legislation and practices adhere to international standards regarding the freedom of expression and free press;
- Promote and defend freedom of expression and free press through monitoring and documentations of situations of freedom of expression and free press in Eritrea and bring to the worldӳ attention any violations of freedom of expressions and free press and crackdowns on journalists and others who are targeted for the mere fact of exercising their rights; and
- Promote freedom of expression and free press through capacity building programmes.
9. To provide information to the Eritrean public on issues of human rights, politics, democracy, justice and rule of law;
- To raise the awareness of the Eritrean public on the issues of human rights, politics, democracy, justice and rule of law through various media forms: printed materials, web based information, radio, and TV; and
- Provide trainings and education to different civic and political organizations on the issue of human rights, politics, democracy, justice and rule of law.
10. To enhance and develop capacities of individuals, professionals and organizations involved in the promotion and protection of human rights and freedom of expression and information.
- Provide trainings to individuals, professionals and organizations involved in human rights promotion and protection and the media sector that enhance their skills and capacity for better performance; and
- Facilitate the organizational and institutional capacities development of human rights and media organizations.